newsmoments.net
newsmoments.net June 22, 2018


Alleged Toronto serial killer now charged with seven counts of first-degree murder

12 April 2018, 12:26 | Simon Arnold

Alleged serial killer Bruce McArthur faces seventh charge of first-degree murder

Police to provide update on Bruce McArthur case today

Police call McArthur an alleged serial killer and say more victims may be identified.

Court documents show police allege Mr. McArthur killed Mr. Faizi on or around December 29, 2010, in Toronto.

McArthur was already charged in Navaratnam and Kayhan's murders. Police are expected to update the public at 1:30 p.m. on three aspects of the investigation. On January 18, McArthur, who is a self-employed landscaper was arrested and charged with the first-degree murder of Selim Esen and Andrew Kinsman.

Mr. McArthur, who appeared wearing an orange jumpsuit, spoke in court this morning only to say his name and acknowledge that he understood the charges against him. He also said police plan to investigate 75 properties linked to McArthur starting next month. -Sgt. Hank Idsinga had said. They've identified three sets of remains so far - those of Kinsman, Mahmudi, and Navaratnam. He said police have received hundreds of tips, but have yet to identify the man in the image.


Police have been trying to identify the remains of at least seven men found at a property McArthur used as storage for his landscaping business and say he targeted men he met through dating apps that cater to gay men, meeting them at bars in the "Gay Village" area of Toronto, as well as male prostitutes.

Skandaraj Navaratnam, 40, disappears from Toronto's gay village. While he said there is no current evidence linking McArthur to the cold cases, he said they fit the general profile of the alleged victims identified to date.

The most recent count was laid on Wednesday, when McArthur was formally charged in the death of 42-year-old Abdulbasir Faizi.

In the wake of escalating questions about the investigations into the disappearances of the missing people from Toronto's Gay Village, the Toronto police board voted unanimously last month to commission an external investigation into how the force conducts missing-persons probes.


In August 2017, police launched Project Prism, which looked into the disappearances of Kinsman and Esen. He is scheduled to return to court April 25 to find out whether any more evidence has been turned over to the defence.

May 2016 - July 2017 - Police believe Dean Lisowick, 43 or 44, of no fixed address, was killed by McArthur during this time span.

WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT. Toronto police have released a photograph of a man who is believed to be a victim of alleged serial killer Bruce McArthur. Det.

February 13, 2018 - Police say excavation at the home's backyard turned up no human remains, but suggest they may "revisit the scene" when the weather warms up.




Other News

Trending Now

Dutch Lawyer Becomes First Person Sentenced In Mueller Probe
However, last week, Mueller's team asked the judge presiding over the case to sentence him to time in prison. Van der Zwaan received a 30-day prison sentence as well as a $20,000 fine and two months probation.

Walt and Alex Breitinger: Battle lines harden as trade war looms
United States stock futures ESc1 fell 1 percent and the dollar dipped against other major currencies. China commented on Trump's announcement saying it was fully prepared to respond.

Blue pinwheels for child abuse awareness
During the ceremony, Snead read from a proclamation signed by Whit Gibson, chair of the Scotland County Board of Commissioners. A Sherwood woman entered a no contest plea to second degree child abuse Monday in Branch County Circuit Court.

Tony Finau wrecks his ankle at the Masters
He ended up withdrawing from the Par 3 contest. "And that was incredible to receive, just because I had I grew up watching him". Finau badly twisted his left ankle as he celebrated a hole-in-one in the exhibition event and had to go to hospital for X-rays.

Ravens sign RG3 to one-year contract
- The Baltimore Ravens have announced they have agreed to a one-year deal with former Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III . GM Ozzie Newsome said that Griffin visited the team to workout last week, and the two sides came to an agreement last night.

3rd death tied to synthetic marijuana
Jennifer Layden, the chief medical officer of the Illinois Department of Public Health , told CBS Chicago in March. Friday's updated number includes two deaths and is up from 56 cases reported Monday.

Insomniac's PS4 Spider-Man Gets a Release Date
Sony Interactive Entertainment, Insomniac Games , and Marvel have teamed up to create a brand-new and authentic adventure. While we're at it, let's ask if Sony would like to release Uncharted and Horizon Zero Dawn for the Xbox One as well.

Mariners hopeful C Mike Zunino not sidelined for long
Trevor Bauer wasn't sharp, their relievers kept giving up home runs and they couldn't get Edwin Encarnacion to the plate enough. A few hours before the Thursday night opener, they learned catcher Mike Zunino would sit out with a slight oblique strain.

Active shooter at YouTube HQ in San Bruno
Dianne Feinstein, who represents the district where Tuesday's shooting occurred, expressed disbelief at the latest development. The federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Explosives' San Francisco field division has been dispatched to the scene.

14th convoy departs Eastern Ghouta amid evacuation deal
State media has said the rebels are due to go to areas near the Turkish-Syrian border that are controlled by opposition groups. They included fighters from the Faylaq al-Rahman and Ahrar al-Sham rebel groups, their families and other residents.